Shrikhand Mahadev Trek One of India’s toughest pilgrimage trek! Shrikhand Mahadev Altitude = 17150 Ft/ 5227 metres Trekking Distance = 28-30 Kms Best Time to visit = June & July Official Yatra time = 15-20 days in the month of July. About Shrikhand Mahadev Shrikhand Mahadev is one of the most sacred adobes of Lord […]
6 Less Explored places in Shimla
Most of the tourists coming to Shimla look for and visit only the famous tourist places in Shimla. Some of the most famous places are Kufri, The Mall Road , Jakhu Temple, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies and a few more.
However being famous does not necessarily means that these are the only places worth a visit in this beautiful hilly town of Shimla. Shimla as a district, has a lot of exciting & beautiful places to see. But in this post we are only going to list the places near Shimla City (not the whole Shimla district).
Each of the below mentioned places can be accessed in a single day from Shimla. The travellers can come back to their hotel in Shimla by evening after sightseeing.
- Hatu Peak – Hatu Peak is located near the town of Narkanda. It offers some amazing view of the Himalayan peaks and natural beauty all around. At the peak there is a beautifully constructed temple dedicated to Goddess Durga. It takes around 3 hours from Shimla to Hatu peak.
- Tanni Jubbar Lake – This is a beautiful lake situated on the Thanedar road near Narkanda. It is approx 70 Kms from Shimla. You can visit this lake same day along-with Hatu Peak, as the distance between the two is very less.
- Kali Tibba – Kali Tibba temple dedicated to Goddedd Kali is located near Chail. Chail is a small town near Shimla, which has mIt is the highest point in the area. You can reach Kali Tibba by road or hike for apprx 2 hours from Chail.
- Tara Devi Temple – Tara Devi has the best view of Shimla city and various Himalayan ranges from the mountain top. It is one of the most famous places among the locals. The road to Tara Devi leads from Shoghi on the NH 5 (National Highway).
- Army Heritage Museum, Annadale – The Army heritage museum in Annadale has been built by the Indian Army. It showcases heritage army artifacts and other historical items. The place is very beautiful and peaceful. On the way to Annadale you can also visit the newly built Glen Nature Hiking Trail.
- Shali Tibba – This is a short trek of 3-5 hours, around 35 kms from Shimla city. It can be completed in the same day if started early in the morning. You can read more details about Shali Tibba in this article.
6 Less Explored places in Shimla Most of the tourists coming to Shimla look for and visit only the famous tourist places in Shimla. Some of the most famous places are Kufri, The Mall Road , Jakhu Temple, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies and a few more. However being famous does not necessarily means that […]
Shali Tibba A trekking Trail near Shimla. Height – 2867 m Walking Distance – 7 Kms Trekking Time – 3-5 hours The Shali tibba Temple also known as Shali ka tibba is situated at an height of 2867m. The temple is located at the top of the Shali peak and is the highest point in […]
A Complete Guide to Kasol In this post, we have tried to include as many facts and information about Kasol as possible. Hope you'll enjoy reading! Kasol is a small town on the banks of Parvati River in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Kasol is situated at roughly 35 kms from Bhuntar on the Manikaran […]