Spiti Valley via Shimla & Kinnaur 7N/8D Ex – Chandigarh
Let’s go to the enchanting Spiti Valley via Shimla & Kinnaur. This 7 Nights/ 8 Days trip to Spiti Valley from Shimla is designed to provide a Spiti experience even when Rohtang Pass & Kunzum are closed. Rohtang Pass opens only for 3-4 months every year. Due to this Spiti Valley remains inaccessible for the remaining year from Manali side.
However, the Shimla route is open for a longer duration and closes only in peak winters. With this Spiti tour plan, we pick you from Chandigarh and after 8 days of adventure in Spiti you’ll be taken back to Chandigarh via the same route.
Go through the Spiti 7 nights / 8 Days itinerary below and contact us for a custom tour package for Spiti valley.
| Spiti valley Tour via Shimla Highlights |
- 1 Night in Narkanda
- 1 Night in Kalpa
- 2 Night in Tabo
- 2 Night in Kaza
- 1 Night in Sarahan
- Pick/Drop from Chandigarh
- Sightseeing Included
- Breakfast + Dinner included
Day 1: Chandigarh to Narkanda
Arrival in Chandigarh. Our vehicle will pick you from Chandigarh Airport. It is recommended to reach Chandigarh before 10:30 so we can start the journey towards Narkanda by 11:00. Then you will be taken towards Narkanda. Overnight stay at hotel Narkanda.
Day 2 : Narkanda to Kalpa
After breakfast our vehicle will pick and you will be taken towards Kalpa. On the way you will visit the town of Rampur.
Kalpa is situated above the ton of Recongpeo which is the district headquarters of Kinnaur.
Overnight stay at hotel in Kalpa.
Things to do / places to see in Kalpa:
- Kalpa Suicide Point.
- Kinner Kailash peak view.
- Kalpa village/apple orchards walk.
Day 3 : Kalpa to Tabo
Wake up to the morning view in the town of Kalpa. Today we will head towards Tabo via Nako village. We will stop at Nako village where you can see the famous Nako lake. After a short halt in Nako village head towards Tabo.
Tabo village is famous for its caves (Tabo caves) which can be seen from the village. These caves are used by the monks for meditation and other purposes. Overnight stay in Tabo.
Day 4: Tabo – Dhankar – Lhalung village (Lingti Valley) – Kaza
Today after enjoying local sightseeing in Tabo village, head towards Kaza via the famous Dhankar monastery and Lalung Village. Dhankar monastery is situated above the Dhankar village. It is located on the top of a cliff which gives it an intense look. Spend some time exploring the Dhankar village & monastery. You can also trek to the Dhankar lake (by own) which is situated above the village. It usually takes 1-2 hours to reach the Lake by trek.
After Dhankar you can visit the Lalung village and visit the Lalung monastery which lies in the Lingti Valley. It is believed that the Lalung Devta is the head of all Dieties in Spiti Valley.
After sightseeing head towards Kaza for overnight stay.
Day 5: Kaza – Langza – Hikkim – Komic – Kye Monastery – Kibber – Gette – Kaza
Wake up in the beautiful town of Kaza and get ready to explore the nearby villages of Langza (The fossil village), Komic, Hikkim, Kye Monastery, Kibber & Gete village. Kye Monastery is one of the biggest monasteris in Spiti valley and one of the most important center of learning. After spending some peaceful time in the Kye Monastery head towards Kibber.
Kibber is famous for its lush green fields stretched for kilometres.
In the evening return to the hotel in Kaza for overnight stay.
Day 6: Kaza – Mudh (Pin Valley) – Tabo
After breakfast at the hotel in Kaza, head for a full day sightseeing tour of Pin Valley. Pin valley is one of the most beautiful places in Spiti valley. Mudh is the one of the last villages in Pin valley and is the starting point for many treks in the Pin Valley National Park. Enjoy the day in the beautiful Pin Valley and in the evening head towards Tabo for overnight stay.
Day 7: Tabo to Sarahan.
Today after breakfast head towards Sarahan via Kinnaur. In the evening you’ll reach at Sarahan and checkin to the hotel for overnight stay.
Things to do in Sarahan:
• Visit the Bhimakali Temple which is one of the Shaktipeethas of Hindu mythology.
• Explore the peaceful village, bird sanctuary and old palace area.
• Shrikhand Mountain range view.
Day 8: Sarahan to Chandigarh Departure.
After breakfast checkout from the hotel and head towards Chandigarh for evening drop. This wonderful journey to Spiti valley ends today but with sweet memories of this amazing trip!
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meals on MAP basis depending on the itinerary.
- Pick and Drop from Chandigarh.
- All local Sightseeing included in the itinerary in a vehicle provided by us.
- All toll taxes, parking fees, driver allowances.
- Applicable hotel taxes.
- Check -in and check –out time 12:00 noon.
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”.
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals.
- Any unplanned transport expenses.
- Camera fees, Alchoholic/Non Alchoholic beverages.
- Vehicle service on liesure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Service tax.
- In case of any route changes or extra days needed due to bad weather/road blocks extra cost would be applicable.
- We recommend taking a proper health checkup before arrival as weather in Spiti valley changes rapidly and problems like high altitude sickness and breathing problems might arise.
Planning a Trip to Spiti Valley?
Send a quick enquiry and get a customized package from a dedicated Tour Advisor.