Spiti Winter Expedition 6N/7D
Experience Spiti like never before with our Spiti Winter Expedition tours. The Spiti valley is nearly inaccessible from Dec to April due to heavy snowfall. Even most of the local residents of Spiti move to lower areas in winters. Out of the two ways to reach Spiti Valley, Rohtang pass is totally closed in winters. Therefore, the only way to do a Spiti winter expedition is via Shimla & Kinnaur. Not all vehicles neither every driver can drive in the harsh winter environment of the Himalayas.
Therefore we have collaborated with experienced people from the Himalayas to offer you a heavenly experience in Spiti. This is a chance to experience the simple local life of Spiti valley in winters. This Spiti winter expedition is more of a soulful experience rather than a luxury picnic. You will get to experience the Spiti valley in its full glory. Away from crowds, experience the peaceful atmosphere and snow covered landscape. And if you are lucky enough you will also be able to see various species of wildlife while on this Spiti Valley Snow drive.
You can book this amazing Spiti winter expedition simply by contacting us through this website or by sending us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please go through the package details below.
| Spiti Winter Expedition Highlights |
- Experience the Snow laden Landscape
- Homestays – Live with the locals! Live like locals.
- Experience the peaceful side of the Himalayas, when its least crowded.
- Breakfast + Dinner included
- Pick/Drop from Shimla
- Accommodation for 6 Nights included
- SUV vehicles for complete tour
Available Dates for Fix Departure
- 20th Feb 2021
Early morning, our journey will start from Shimla to Kalpa at 08:00 am. It would be a full day journey. Enroute Kalpa, you will see some popular places in Shimla like Kufri and Narkanda. After crossing Rampur Bushahar, you will enter the Kinnaur district. Take appropriate breaks on the way and enjoy the beauty as you leave the hustle and bustle of Shimla behind. Dinner and overnight stay at a cozy homestay in Kalpa or Recongpeo.
Have breakfast at the homestay and proceed towards Tabo. Enroute Tabo we’ll visit Nako village and the famous Nako Lake. The Nako lake is usually frozen in winters and this makes it a spectacular sight to see. After visiting Nako, proceed further towards Tabo. Overnight stay at Tabo.
Early morning have breakfast and leave towards Dhankar. The Dhankar monastery used to be one of the most famous places in the valley. The Dhankar monastery is situated above the confluence of Pin river and Spiti river. After visiting the Dhankar monastery, proceed towards Kaza. Overnight stay at Kaza/Lidang.
After breakfast at the homestay, visit the famous Key monastery. Key monastery is one of the biggest monasteries in Spiti valley. It is also one of the oldest and most revered monastery in the area. After key Monastery proceed towards Langza village.
Langza village is also known as the Fossil Village. The snowcapped mountains and the iconic Budha statue near Langza is a perfect place for some quality alone time. Overnight stay in a local homestay in Kaza/Lidang.
Today morning, have a healthy breakfast and proceed towards Hikkim village. Hikkim is the village with the highest post office in the World. After Hikkim, you will visit Komic. Komic village holds the title of the village with the highest motorable road in Asia.
Return to Kaza/Lidang in the evening and overnight stay.
Today, early morning have breakfast and head towards Recongpeo or Kalpa. It would be a full day journey but you’ll enjoy it because of the snowy landscape. Overnight stay at Recongpeo or Kalpa.
Today after breakfast, leave towards Shimla. After a full day journey evening drop at Shimla.
Today would be the end of this amazing Spiti winter expedition, but we will be waiting for you to join us again on lots of future adventures together!
- Accommodation in Home-stays. (twin/triple sharing)
- 06 Breakfast + 06 Dinner per person.
- Pick and Drop from/at Shimla.
- Services of a well experienced Tour Manager.
- All toll taxes, parking fees, driver allowances.
- Applicable hotel taxes.
- Oxygen Cylinder for travel in high altitude.
- GST 5% on final bill amount.
- Anything not mentioned under “Inclusions”.
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals.
- Any unplanned transport expenses.
- Camera fees, Alchoholic/Non Alchoholic beverages.
- Vehicle service on liesure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Early Check-in costs by hotel if any.
Terms & Conditions
- The places covered in sightseeing will depend on the road conditions.
- If any changes are needed after the trip start due to bad weather, then extra cost might be applicable for cancellations of bookings (wherever applicable).
- We require 5-6 people minimum to run a trip however this does not need to be all from one group. Please feel free to book with any number of people and we’ll try to match numbers from other groups to meet the minimum requirement.
- In case minimum number of persons is not met, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone the trip. In that case any advance made by the guest will be refunded.
- Charges for Overnight journey if needed due to road conditions, traffic etc are extra.
- You can block a seat by depositing a small amount of Rs 1000/- (not refundable if the client cancels).
- 50 % of the booking advance is needed 20 days before the tour starting date in order to confirm the tour.
- 100 % of the payment needs to be made before the start of the tour.
- In the event we cancel the tour due to minimum no of pax not met, all the advance including the Rs 1000/- booking amount will be refunded.
- In the event the client cancels the tour, Cancellation charges are applicable as per the cancellation policy below.
Refunds & Cancellation Policy
Your refund request will be answered and processed promptly. If you do not receive the email reply within one business day, please call the office immediately. We will not be responsible if the email fail to reach us. All Refunds claims in case of cancellation would be processed based on the Cancellation Policy.
In the event of cancellation of tour/travel plan/bookings due to any reasons please inform us in writing (email@example.com). Cancellation charges would be effective from the date we receive cancellation request in writing. The cancellation charges would vary depending on the time period left prior to arrival and it would be as follows:
- All purchases are subject to re-confirmation within one business day after purchase, customers will be fully refunded if the orders cannot be confirmed.
- Cancellation requests received 20 days prior to arrival will incur a penalty of 50% of the Tour/Service cost as cancellation charges.
- Cancellation requests received 10 hours prior to arrival will incur a penalty of 100% of the Tour/Service cost as cancellation charges.
- Unused features are non-refundable. No shows forfeit entire payment.
- Group Tours/Trips require a minimum number of participants to avoid cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel a schedule trip to fully refund affected customers although tour companies will make every efforts to maintain the normal operation.