Top 10 Honeymoon Destinations in Himachal Pradesh
Northern India has some of the best Honeymoon destinations in India. Himachal Pradesh is a state that is most famous among couples. It has always been considered as a perfect romantic getaway. The cool weather, the serene beauty of the hills and the perfect view of snow capped mountains is always a perfect sight for everyone. The following locations are the top 10 honeymoon destinations in Himachal pradesh (not necessarily in the same order).
1. Manali (Himachal Pradesh)
When it comes to choosing the top 10 honeymoon destinations in Himachal Pradesh, the first name that comes to mind is Manali. Manali is one of the most famous hill stations in India. It has a lot of places where couples can spend their day and have an awesome holiday in Manali. A trip to manali is something that has been on the bucketlist of most couples since the time it became popular.
Top Places to visit near Manali:
- Hadimba Devi temple – Hadimba Devi temple is one of the famous landmarks of Manali town. It is situated near the Manali Mall road and is tucked inside a beautiful forest. It is one of the must visit places while in Manali.
- Vashisht Hot springs – Vashisht is famous for the hot water springs where tourists from all over the country come and enjoy baths. It is believed that the hot sulphur water from these springs have healing effects on various skin ailments.
- Van Vihar – The Van vihar national park is a perfect walking trail for honeymoon couples, because of the peaceful environment here. There are benches to sit and paths where people can comfortably walk. This place is ideal for picnics and for hanging out with friends as well.
- Solang Valley – Solang valley is the adventure capital of Manali. Situated at a distance of around 13 kms from Manali, Solang valley offers various adventure sports. Paragliding, Skiing and many other activities are available at Solang valley.
- Gulaba village – Gulaba village is situated at a distance of 27 kms from Manali and is also known as the Snow point. It is also considered as an excellent alternative to Rohtang pass.
- Jogini falls – Jogini falls is a beautiful waterfall situated at a distance of 4 kms from Vashisht. It can be reached by a hiking trail through the Vashisht village. It is named after Jogini Mata who is considered as a holy diety locally.
- Manikaran hot springs – Manikaran is situated in the mesmerizing Parvati valley. It is situated at a distance of 79 kms from Manali. The Manikaran Gurudwara is very famous among devotees. Also, there is a natural hot spring that is said to be able to cure skin related ailments.
- Naggar castle and village – Naggar village and castle are places of historical importance and one can experience the local life and history of Manali here.
- Rohtang pass – Rohtang pass is probably one of the most famous places near Manali. Rohtang pass is situated at a distance of 51 kms from Manali and it connects the Lahaul & Spiti district with Manali.
2. Shimla (Himachal Pradesh)
Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh is also known as the Queen of Hills. Shimla has always been one of the top honeymoon destinations in Himachal Pradesh as well as in India. Shimla tour packages are very popular all over the country. This historical town was considered so beautiful that the Britishers made it the summer capital of India during the British rule.
Top Places to visit near Shimla:
- Kufri – Kufri is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Shimla because of the heavy snowfall in this area. There are many activities available in Kufri like horse riding, the Zoo, adventure rides etc.
- Narkanda – Narkanda is a serene place situated at a distance of 63 kms from Shimla. The beauty of this place is breathtaking during snowfalls.
- Hatu temple and peak – The Hatu peak is situated near Narkanda and is one of the highest places in the area.
- Indian institute of Advanced studies – This is a research institute setup in 1964 which has slowly become popular among the tourists as well.
- Himachal State museum – This place used to be an old Victorian era mansion and later it was converted into a museum by the government.
- Mall Road, The Ridge, Lakkar Bazar – These are the most popular landmarks and shopping areas in Shimla town. There are no vehicles allowed on the Mall road and the Ridge. Therefore the only way to reach them is either by walking or by the famous Lift near sports complex.
- Chail – Chail is a beautiful town tucked in dense forests near Shimla. It has some major attractions like the Chail palace, Sidh Baba temple etc.
- Kali Tibba – Kali tibba is situated near Chail and is the highest point in the area. It is basically a beautiful temple dedicated to goddess Kali.
- Army Heritage museum – The Army heritage museum is situated near the Annadale ground which in itself is a wonderful sight. This museum has some of the best kept Army artifacts and heritage items on display.
- Jakhu Temple – Jakhu temple is near the Mall road and connected by a ropeway. There is a 108 feet tall statue of Lord Hanuman in Jakhu which is said to be the highest statue of Lord Hanuman in the world.
- Naldehra Golf Course – Naldehra is a town near Shimla which is famous for its natural beauty and a golf course where people can enjoy the game of golf.
- Tara Devi Temple – The Tara devi temple is one of the best places from where you can see the whole town of Shimla. There is a very beautiful temple dedicated to Goddess Tara which is highly revered by the locals in Shimla.
3. Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh)
Dharamshala is a beautiful hilly town in Kangra district. It is the home for the Dalai lama and acts as the headquarters for the Tibetian goverment in exile. It is a famous tourist destination because of its serene beauty and close proximity to the plains. The peaceful environment and mesmerizing view of the Dhauladhar mountain range from Dharamshala makes it popular among honeymoon couples also.
Top Places to visit near Dharamshala:
- Bhagsu Nag waterfall and temple – There is a small hiking path from the temple to the waterfall. The waterfall is situated 2 kms away from Mcleodganj market.
- Dharamkot – A beautiful hippy town situated above Mcleodganj. Famous for the foreign crowd and prevailing hippy culture.
- Dal lake & Naddi View point.
- Church of St. John – A neo – gothic church built in 1852.
- Triund Hill – A 9 kms trek to the top of Triund peak.
- HPCA cricket stadium – One of the highest cricket stadiums in the world at an altitude of 1457 metres above sea level.
- Tsuglagkhang Complex and Namgyal Monastery – The residing place of the Dalai Lama. It is a big complex which attracts tourists from all over the world. The monastery is considered very holy as well.
4. Dalhousie (Chamba, Himachal Pradesh)
Dalhousie is very popular among tourists coming to Himachal Pradesh from the Pathankot route. The beautiful hills and cool weather makes it popular in the list of top 10 honeymoon destinations in Himachal Pradesh.
Top Places to visit in and near Dalhousie:
- Khajjiar – Also known as the Mini Switzerland of India because of its serene beauty and a large grassland tucked in the middle of a forest. The distance from Dalhousie to Khajjiar is 16 kms.
- Panchpula – A famous water stream and a picnic spot situated at a distance of 3 kms from Dalhousie.
- Satdhara Falls – One of the famous waterfalls in Chamba situated on the road towards Panchpula. Satdhara means a combination of seven streams.
- Subhash Baoli – It is believed that the great freedom fighter Subhash chandra bose used to come here for meditation. Hence this place was named after him as a tribute. It is a famous tourist spot situated 1 kms from Dalhousie.
- Bakrota Hills – These hills near Dalhousie are famous among trekking and photography lovers.
- Ganji Pahari – This is a beautiful small hill situated near the Dalhousie town. The lack of trees on this hill gave it’s name Ganji Pahari (bald hill). It is located at a distance of 5 kms from Dalhousie town. Only way to reach is by trekking uphill from Dalhousie.
5. Kasauli (Himachal Pradesh)
Kasauli is a small hill station in Himachal pradesh. It is very popular among the youth in Chandigarh due to it;s close proximity to Chandigarh. It is located at a distance of 60 kms from Chandigarh. Kasauli is popular among couples because it seems like a perfect weekend gateway and offers a lot of natural beauty.
Top Places to visit in and near Kasauli:
- Man ki Point or Monkey point – This is the highest point in Kasauli. Man – ki point has a temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman. The original name of the place was Man ki point but because of large number of monkeys in the area, the name slowly became “Monkey point”.
- Gilbert Trail – A peaceful walking trail in Kasauli starting from Kasauli Mall road to the Sunset Point.
- Sunset Point – This is a perfect spot for honeymoon couples as the sunset view is amazing from this place.
- Kasauli Market – Kasauli has a small market where couples can stroll eat junkfood and enjoy some shopping too.
- Christ Church – This church is one of the oldest churches in Himachal Pradesh, thus it makes it an historical landmark and a place worth seeing.
6. Spiti Valley (Lahaul & Spiti District, Himachal Pradesh)
Spiti Valley is the valley located on the banks of the Spiti river. It is a major part of the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Because of the cold weather and barren landscape it is also known as the cold desert. The landscape is in Spiti is very beautiful and the place is very less populated. Because of these factors, it is a paradise for honeymoon couples. Our article on Spiti valley tourism might help you planning the trip to Spiti valley.
Top Places to visit in Spiti Valley :
- Kaza – Kaza is like a base camp for most places in Spiti valley. It is situated at a distance of 202 Kms from Manali via NH505. Kaza is one of the biggest town in Spiti valley and is a preferred stay location for Honeymoon couples.
- Langza Village – This village is also known as the Fossil village of India. You can read full details about Langza village in this blog post – https://beinghimalayan.com/blog/langza-village-spiti/
- Hikkim Village – Hikkim is the village with the highest post office in the world. It is near to Langza and falls on the same route.
- Komic Village – Komic village also falls on the same route and it also holds the record for being the highest village in the world connected by a motorable road. You can read more about Komic in this article – https://beinghimalayan.com/blog/komic-village-spiti-valley/
- Chandra Tal – Chandra Tal is also known as the Moon Lake because of its shape like a crescent moon. This lake is considered holy and is among the topmost popular destinations in the Spiti valley. It is situated at a distance of 55 Kms.
- Key Monastery – Also known as Kye or kee monastery this is one of the oldest monasteries in the Spiti valley. Read more about Key monastery here – https://beinghimalayan.com/blog/key-monastery-biggest-monastery-spiti/
7. Sangla (Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh)
Sangla is a town situated in the Sangla valley also known as the Baspa valley after the Baspa River. It is located in the the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. It has some of the most beautiful views of the snowcapped mountains and fresh water streams flowing along the town. The amazing beauty of this place gives it a special place in the list of top 10 honeymoon destinations in Himachal Pradesh.
Top Places to visit in Sangla :
- Kamru Fort – Kamru fort is situated at a distance of 2 kms from Sangla town. As per the local folklore there are 36 crore deities inside the fort and the fort was created by Lord Badrinath himself. This fort holds a very holy place in the local culture. Therefore Kamru fort is one of the most popular attractions in Sangla.
- Bering Nag Temple – It is another holy place in Sangla valley that is very much popular and attracts devotees from all around the valley.
- Sangla Meadows – The lush green meadows of Sangla are a wonderful sight for tourists. They are ideal for camping or relaxing for the day in the sun.
- Baspa Riverbank – The Baspa river flows near the Sangla town and is much popular among the tourists coming to Sangla valley. The flowing river stream, snowcapped mountains and beautiful meadows create a perfect environment for a romantic vacation for honeymoon couples.
8. Kalpa (Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh)
Kalpa is the most famous tourist place in Kinnaur district. It is situated above Recongpeo town which is the headquarter of Kinnaur district. Kalpa is famous for the amazing view of the holy Kinner Kailash peak from here.
Top Places to visit in and near Kalpa :
- Kothi Village and Chandika Devi Temple – Kothi village is located at a distance of 3 kms from Kalpa town. It also has a temple dedicated to goddess Chandika Devi.
- Suicide Point – This is a famous spot on the way to Roghi village from Kalpa. Basically it is a high cliff with a breathtaking view when you look down.
- Roghi village – If you want to see the real village life of Kinnauri people in full ethnicity, a visit to Roghi village is a must. Roghi village is situated at a distance of 12 kms from Kalpa.
9. Chitkul (Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh)
Chitkul like Sangla and Kalpa is not a regular tourist spot. It is a perfect holiday destination for anyone who is looking for some peace in the middle of nature. Chitkul is the last inhabited village on the Indo – Tibetian border. It is very close to Sangla. The distance from Sangla to Chitkul is 23 kms and the Indian road ends here. Because of this fact it has been a popular destination among travellers and adventure lovers. The serene beauty of this place makes it a perfect honeymoon destination, if one is looking for a peaceful vacation.
Chitkul is a small village near the baspa river. This makes it perfect for couples who want to spend some quality time together in the lap of nature.
10. Narkanda (Shimla, Himachal Pradesh)
We hope you found this article on ” The top 10 honeymoon destinations in Himachal Pradesh ” helpful.
In case you need a honeymoon package to Himachal Pradesh feel free to contact us through the chat box below or simply email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be more than happy to offer you the best possible experience for your vacation with us.
Thank you for reading!