Chadar Trek – A Walk on the Frozen Zanskar River! (Bookings Open)Join us for an adventure of a lifetime. Get ready to take a walk on the frozen Zanskar river on the beautiful Chadar Trek. Chadar trek is one of the most famous and unique trekking routes of all time. The word “Chadar” means a sheet and here it refers to a sheet of ice formed over the Zanskar River. In winters every year, the Zanskar river freezes and turns into a beautiful sheet of ice. Since hundreds of years this route has been used by the locals from the Zanskar valley to reach Leh. It has been an important trade route for the Zanskar valley.
Trek Itinerary:Day 1: Arrival in Leh (3500 m) – Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House.Day 2: Acclimatization Walk in Leh- Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House.Day 3: Getting a medical check-up at SNM Hospital- Altitude 11,400 ft. Stay in Guest House.Day 4: Lower Shingra and Somo Paldar – 11,400 to 10,390 ft. – Drive 75 kms | 08 Kms Trek | Stay in tent.Day 5: Trek to Dib Cave/Tibb -10,550 – 10,760 ft. – Trek 15 KMs – Stay in tent.Day 6: Dib Cave/Tibb to Camp at Naerak – 10,760 – 11,150 ft. – Trek 12.5 KMs – Stay in tent.Day 7: Naerak to Tibb/Gaylpo- 11,150 – 10,760 ft. – Trek 14.5 KMs – Stay in tent.Day 8: Tibb to Shingra Koma & Back To Leh- 10,390 to 11,400 ft. – Drive 75 kms | 08.5 Kms Trek | Stay in Guest House.Day 9: Departure from Leh.
- Duration: 8 Nights/ 9 Days
- 4 Nights at Leh and 4 Nights at Trek.
- Walk on the Frozen River.
- Experienced staff available for support.
- Leh Airport pick-up & drop available @ Rs.1000/- per vehicle.
- Option for additional nights in Leh & Ladakh sightseeing
The Adventure begins in:
Fix Departure Enquiry
Fix Departure Dates1st Batch = 7th January 2019 | 2nd Batch = 10th January 2019 | 3rd Batch = 13th January 2019 | 4th Batch = 16th January 2019 5th Batch = 19th January 2019 | 6th Batch = 22nd January 2019 | 7th Batch = 25th January 2019 | 8th Batch = 28th January 2019 9th Batch = 31st January 2019 | 10th Batch = 3rd February 2019 | 11th Batch = 6th February 2019 | 12th Batch = 9th February 2019 13th Batch = 12th February 2019 * Limited Seats Available.
- Accommodation. (Camping) and Leh Guest House (Day 1,2,3, 8 according to Itinerary).
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- Transport from Leh to Road head and return.
- Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary.
- Food / Meal in Leh. Available in Leh Hotel/Guest House @ Rs.250/- Per Meal.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Local Fees Environmental Fee, Wildlife Fee, ALTOA, LAHDC etc ranges between Rs.2000/- to Rs.2500/- Plus Adventure Insurance @ 3000 PP
- Porter to carry personal luggage. The same be arranged @ Rs.3750/- Per Day(5 Days) up to 10Kg baggage
- Anything not specifically mentioned under ‘Inclusions’.
- Additional Night at Hotel in Leh @ Rs.1500 Per Person/Night on Twin Sharing Basis without meals.
- Sightseeing/Taxi can be arranged from our partner travel desk at the Base Camp Leh on actual as per the rate of Leh Transport & Taxi Union.
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies from Chilling or Naerak DTPT point.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/Quad sharing basis while on the trek.